In alignment with the Asahi Kasei Group values, with the focus on Sincerity, Challenge and Creativity, Asahi Kasei Plastics Singapore Pte Ltd (APS) have recently achieved one of its many milestones for continuous improvement by attaining the accreditation in ISO/IEC 17025 – an internationally recognized quality management standard for testing laboratories worldwide. With this accreditation, APS enhanced its technical competency to provide higher quality laboratory testing and analysis.
Under the SAC-SINGLAS accreditation by Singapore Accreditation Council (SAC), APS has established strict compliance with the requirements and standards outlined under ISO/IEC 17025, ensuring good practices to consistently deliver validated test results for customers.
Additionally, accreditation allows APS to enhance cooperation between laboratories and other testing bodies by generating wider acceptance of test results, which in turn improves international trade.
By incorporating the following concepts into the management system, APS can ensure consistent quality and standardization in the process, thus offering technical solutions to our customers:
- Identifying customers’ interests
- Ensure requirements are met
- Ensure regular training for engineers
- Provide technical documentation
- Perform internal audit to maintain the quality management system
- Continually improve the QMS
With APS’s current mechanical testability, we can offer valid and reliable test data for our customers.
Scopes of Accreditation:
1. Tensile Test – ISO 527-1:2019 & ISO 527-2:2012
2. Flexural Test – ISO 178:2019
3. Charpy Impact – ISO 179-1:2010
4. Temperature Deflection Under Load – ISO 75-1:2020 & ISO 75-2:2013
5. Density Test – ISO 1183-1:2019
6. Melt Mass-flow Rate and Melt Volume-flow Rate – ISO 1133-1:2011